Re: Poll (I like high windshields)

To: roadsterlist <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Poll (I like high windshields)
From: B Strachan <bstrachan@home.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 17:26:29 -0800
I'm seeing some negative comments about U20 reliability in this thread.
I have a lot of hours driving U20s and yes, I know what it's like to
break a timing chain  :-(   However, if you start with an in-spec, clean
engine, keep the oil changed religiously, change out the timing stuff
every 80,000 miles (yep, I know that's expensive, but look at the car
payments on a new Lexus, heh heh) you should expect excellent
reliability.  I've put well over 100,000 trouble-free miles on my 2000s
over the years, after learning my lesson the hard way six months after
buying a tired '69.

The point I'm trying to make is, if you have a U20 and it is
overheating, or if you don't know how many miles are on the timing
chains, or if you regularly tach it up to 8 grand, or if you never
change oil, you may be in for some trouble.  All those things can be
fixed, except maybe the 8 grand part   ;-)

Barrie
'66 2000
San Diego