Re:Poll (I like high windshields)

To: list roadster <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:Poll (I like high windshields)
From: Dan Neff <neffster189@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 12:40:07 -0800 (PST)
"Jon Wissler" <Jon_Wissler@pngc.com> posed:
>... I'd like to poll the list members ... about just
>which model is considered the "marquee" version of
the
>SRL/SPL series.

I gather the (USA) 67.5 2000 Solex is the #1 choice
for
collectors. The 1600 might be the 'standard', due to
relative production volume.

but Peter van der Pas said it for me:
>I like Datsun roadsters because I think they are good
>looking and I can fit in one.  I like high
windshields
>because I don't fit in the low windshield cars. I
like
>the '68 2000 because that's what I own.

Except mine's a '69.
Cracks me up; before I bought mine, i couldn't tell
the
difference between a '65 and a '70, now i get all
excited thinking about it! :)  (a flat-dashed '69
would
be just perfect!).

For looks I like the '66, but since i can't fit in a
high-windshield model with a good drivers seat
(contrast to my seat, which is quite comfy now except
on BUMPS), I seriously doubt i'd ever get in a low-
windshield.

Someday I'll probably eat it, but for now: my 2L is a
daily driver - about 24,000 miles in the 2.5 yrs I've
owned it. Never stranded me, no major failures. Can't
imagine trading it for a 'little' 1600.  :)

dan
6 ft. 2 in.