Re: Statement of Facts (Was Keeping original plates)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, andrew.murphy@integtech.com
Subject: Re: Statement of Facts (Was Keeping original plates)
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 00 11:54:08 CST
Andrew,

Good point.

Also dealing with California, you have to remember if you
do MOVE the car during storage... it was done on a flat
bed trailer. NO WHEELS of the roadster touching pavement.

Even if you ROLLED the car into the street to put it up
on the trailer, you are liable to fees.

So be sure to explain you moved the TRAILER up to
the garage, rolled the car onto it. Removed the car the
same way, so to avoid the tires ever touching the street. ;-)

Ahem, hope that helps.

Oh, to get the Title on my '84 Land Cruiser I had to payoff
DMV for $411. Yes, I was moving it out of state. Registered it
with my Texas address, but had to pay back due registeration
and fees. It had been smog inspected while not registered,
so much for "It has been sitting in my Sister's yard". Since
she did not have the title for it, and it was part of a probated
estate after my brother-in-law's death, lots of paperwork.

Good news... I finally did get the Title for it! It is also in
my name, which is good... should I ever move back to California
it will be much easier to bring it back to California (CA emissions).

Cheers,

Tom