RE: Bummed....Common ownership

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, datsun_spl311@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Bummed....Common ownership
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 00 11:47:08 CST
Alan,

Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass. ;-)

When I have the time, and material, I have made up "little things"
for the roadsters (air injection plugs, oil pump rods, etc).
Motivation was to help out fellow roadster owners, so I would use
the proceeds towards donations to the American Cancer Society.
Even better was my employeer would match any contibutions, too.

Roadster owners got some neat stuff, American Cancer Society got
some funds, and I got a tax write off (ahem, secret motive.).
My father, who died of cancer, as a great man and the one who did
the metal working as a young man (For Lockheed - Skunk Works in
the late 30's & early 40's). So it brings me great pleasure to still
use some of his tools while doing metal lathe work.

My ex is more than willing to sell the car for $7000 cash. Ahem.
I'd just as soon let her keep the car at that price. While her
motive is more out of spite, what she doesn't realize is the true
value of a vehicle is much more than metal, glass, fabric, and
chrome. The true value of the roadster is the number of friends
I have made over the years, something she will never comprehend.

I do appreciate you offer, I really do. So when people offer to
"pay me back" for all the help I have given them, what really
is great is when they donate to a charity, donate a pint of blood,
or volunteer on something that helps others. We all have gifts
and talents, and it lifts my spirits greatly when you can pass
along the favor to someone else.

Sincerely,

Tom