Re: Statement of Facts (Was Keeping original plates)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Statement of Facts (Was Keeping original plates)
From: CarterCM@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 14:48:23 EST
When I took mine in to DMV, it hadn't been registered in over 15 years and
with no "non-op" permit.  I filled out the Statement of Facts that it had
been in my garage the whole time (true) but they said they had to physically
ID the VIN number!

Catch 22. Can't drive it without tags...can't get tags without bringing it to
DMV. Luckily I had a trailer, so I trailered the car over to DMV. Good
thing...they said if would have driven the car to DMV that day (only a few
blocks away) they would have made me pay for 15 years worth of tags...ouch!

Craig Carter
Fountain Valley, CA
SRL311-14100

In a message dated 2/18/00 9:02:46 AM Pacific Standard Time,