Antique Plates

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Antique Plates
From: "Terry and Donna Cost" <tcost@vvm.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:08:54 -0600
Tom,

I think half of the TDROC has old plates.  Barry Schumann has a Japanese
plate on the front of his roadster.  He has never been stopped that I know
of.  The Texas laws are easy to comply with.  Find a good set of Texas
plates in the year you want, take them to the DMV for a photocopy, fill out
a simple form, and pay a little money.  You get a bolt-on tag for the rear
plate and don't have to inspect it again, ever.  Tags are good for five
years.  Find an old Texas plate you like, put the tag you get on the
California plate, and no one will even care.

Leisure Suit Terry

P.S.  I have a nice $150 fuse box on "Rusty" that you can sell on eBay.