Re: Center console

To: <RickStayner@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Center console
From: "nruff" <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 18:54:04 -0600
Ironically, Rick, I am starting the preparation to redo my center console
tonight also.  Last week I redid the door panels using a vinyl re-coloring
spray from SEM.  I was very pleased in how it went on and with the finished
product.  I wiped them down with a vinyl cleaner, sprayed it with a black
"color coat", and finished it off with a low luster "clear coat" to give it
proper sheen and help it last longer.  I was spraying over red and it
covered very well.  Being skeptical, I tried to scratch through the coating
with my finger nail and couldn't!  I plan on using the same approach with my
center console.   Definitely a money saver for do-it-yourselfers as many of
the pros use the same EXACT products.  I luckily found SEM products at a
local parts store but Eastwood sells it also.  "Plasti-Kote" (owned by
Sherwin-Williams?) makes a similar product.

Hope this helps!
Nathan