Re: Another vote for Red Line MTL Gear Box Oil

To: Jim Tyler <jtyler29@idt.net>
Subject: Re: Another vote for Red Line MTL Gear Box Oil
From: Marc Sayer <msayer1@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 15:08:07 -0800
Jim Tyler wrote:

> ----------

Yep that's what I'd say too. for the level of protection this stuff
offers it has very low drag and good cold flow properties. Its been a
while since I was selling the stuff but if I remember correctly the
stuff gives the protection and performance of a 300 weight gear oil with
the fluid drag of a 75W90. The stuff has been various colors over the
years from Pepto Bismol pink to graphite gray, but its always been the
best all around gear lube and the best protective lube I've found. It is
a heavy lube so if you're racing and care more about power than
protection it would not be a good choice but otherwise it is great. I
can't remember if ti was recommended for use in LSDs or not though. I've
been pushing Les to carry the Red Line products for a while now so he
may have some in stock. If not, Courtesy Nissan carries their products.