Re: MORE smog questions

To: mclothier@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: MORE smog questions
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@compctr.ccs.csus.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 19:12:14 PST8PDT
>Mike asks:
> 2. Do the plugs into the head need to be as long as the threaded part or
> as long as the entire fitting?

If this is a 2000, simple plugs will result in nasty 'bird chirp' sounds.
By the way, those are metric threads! Using a standard plug will
'almost' fit, and mess up the threads for if you ever want/need to
restore the system!

> 3. Suggestions as to the best place to find the plugs short of ordering
> them through one of our regular sources.

See if you can convince Tom Walter to machine some more sets.
He takes your money and turns around and donates it to a worthy
charity (was it the Cancer Society, Tom?). Tom's set is designed
to prevent the chirping.

Rallye Roadster makes a two-piece set that properly fills the hole
and avoids the chirping, too.

-- John