Another vote for Red Line MTL Gear Box Oil

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Another vote for Red Line MTL Gear Box Oil
From: Teddy Seidenfeld <teddy@stat.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 13:17:51 -0500
Dear Friends,

About a month ago there was a short thread about gear oils.  Marc and Tom
had good things to say about Red Line MTL.

Marc's rave, below, is NOT an exaggeration of my experience!

I few days ago I replaced the gear oil in my 69 2000 with MTL.  The
positive effects from a bottle on a formely lazy 2nd gear synchro are hard
to believe.   Before the change, downshifting in 2nd at over 20 mph
mandated double-clutching.  Now, the 2nd gear synchro can handle speeds
well above 30 mph.

It's fun to be able to double-clutch by choice!  Thanks for the great advice.

Now, do you guys have an equally strong recommendation for the differential
oil?

Regards,
Teddy
69 2000 (SRL311 08018)