Re: MECHART RODS

To: "Art Department" <qcimages@ix.netcom.com>,
Subject: Re: MECHART RODS
From: Ronnie Day <rday@cyberramp.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 17:17:39 -0600
>Looking for some info on a company call Mechart.
>They made comp rods for the roadster. I have a couple but a couple won't
>run my u20.
>The last info I had was:
>
>Mechart
>233 arena st.
>El Segundo, Ca 90245           213.322.1860
>
>This info is no good as the address is now a restarant supply house.
>
>Does anyone have current info, did the company move, gone under or ?
>If you have some of these rods I would like to hear from you.
>
>Thanks for the info!
>Craig
>69 2000

Craig,

Please post what ever info you uncover. I'm considering having some
custom pistons made to tur an L-20b or LZ-20 into an L-22. The Z-22 crank
and rods are fine, but apparently the Z-22 pistons are low pressure
castings that don't hold up well when pushed, so I've been (casually)
looking around for venders.

These types of sources will become even more important if Nissan can'tr
get its act together and goes under. Even if another company buys Nissan,
I wouldn't give good odds on the continued manufacture of roadster, 510
and Z-parts, or Motorsports. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@cyberramp.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)