Re: Trany questions?

To: Datsun Roadster <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Trany questions?
From: nalevine@dcn.davis.ca.us
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 12:45:12 -0800 (PST)
I too would appreciate any comments on this.  My trany has the problem in
3rd gear mostly, and it will pop out only if there is no load (level ground,
constant speed). It only will do this in 4th once in a while. I guess I've
learned to adapt by keeping my hand on the shift lever in 3rd but it would
be nice to fix it if it's not too much trouble.  If it were always a problem
in 4th it would be much more urgent to fix.

Thanks,

Neil Levine
1966 SPL311-06576

>It works fine in 1st and 3rd but will pop out of 2nd and 4th.  it will
>stay in 2nd pretty well but not at all in 4th, you have to apply slight
>press to keep it in gear.  all the gears work fine, no grinding or any
>thing.

Neil Levine
Voice 530 758-4143