Trany questions?

To: Datsun Roadster <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trany questions?
From: "Eric R. Wittinger" <wittiner@ee.pdx.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 10:15:06 -0800 (PST)
HI All, I just put a new engine and tranty into my car, new only to tyhe
car.  The engine runs great but the trany is giving my some problems. I am
looking for some possible solutions or causes of the problems.

It works fine in 1st and 3rd but will pop out of 2nd and 4th.  it will
stay in 2nd pretty well but not at all in 4th, you have to apply slight
press to keep it in gear.  all the gears work fine, no grinding or any
thing.

Would adjusting theclutch slave solve this problem?  I haven't done this
yet, since I just drove the car last night and this morning and on the way
to work it didn't want to stay in fourth.

Any help will be welcomed.

Eric

| Eric R Wittinger                             |
| Pacific Northwest National Laboratory        |
| NSD Radiological and Chemical Sciences Group |
| Web page            www.ee.pdx.edu/~wittiner |
| Email               wittiner@EE.pdx.edu      |
| Email (work)        Eric.Wittinger@pnl.gov   |