Re: Trany questions?

To: roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Trany questions?
From: Richard B Chianese <Richard.B.Chianese@swpc.siemens.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 16:57:24 -0500
I have been quietly observing this thread for a while and a possible
cause has occurred to me.  Could it be that the rear motor/tranny mount
is broken and the shift lever is hard against the body?  That would
possibly cause it to pop into neutral at arbitrary times.  If the mount
has collapsed, then the shift lever will be lower in the opening and may
be making contact in all gears.  You just notice it in 3rd and 4th
because that is where you spend more time and have the greatest
potential to unload the synchro ring (allowing it to slip free).

Just something to consider before your pull the engine and transmission
out of the car.

Rick Chianese
SRL311-14035
Orlando, FL