Re: Rust treatments-was chrome stuff

To: sandhoff@compctr.ccs.csus.edu
Subject: Re: Rust treatments-was chrome stuff
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 12:05:15 -0800 (PST)
        John says
> POR-15 (paint-over-rust) is a special paint that is used to paint directly
> over 'seasoned' or rusty metal. Check out their web site at
> http://www.por15.com for more information.
>
> I've used it and I like it. This stuff is tough! It CAN be scratched, but
> it's pretty rugged. It will even seal pinholes in gas tanks!

        IT sounds great buuuuuuuuuuuuut.  I dont want to have to paint over
the stuff?? That sounds crazy to me. UV sensitve huh...Its a big enough
PITA to put it on the crevice/cracks but then to have to go back and
coat it with paint bleh!
        The stuff from eastwood sounds better.
        Does anybody know if extend has the same problems??

                Daniel