Rust treatments-was chrome stuff

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Rust treatments-was chrome stuff
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 10:26:36 -0800 (PST)
HI All.

        WIth all this talk about rust treatments Ihave a few questions.
Locally all the shops seem to carry only the extend brand of rust
convertor.  THis Ihave used extensivly on my car.  THe spray on and paint
on formulas.  It seems to give the rusted parts a nice hard black coating.
I tested this coating by scratching down under the coated surface
and found no rust!!! SO I guess it does work.
        Here's what I don't know.  Does extend need to be topcoated?? I hvae
heard that some rust convertors are UV-sensitve (marhyde) and some are water
soluable??
        On the eastwood site they sell something called correless rust
convertor. THe ad copy reads something like 'Is used to paint and protect
off shore oil drilling platforms..yada yada yada' Sounds like great stuff
anybody use it??
        Since I only seem to be able to buy extend around here does anybody
with any experience with different rust convertors care to comment.
`       I have heard talk about POR-15 what is this?? DOes it work? What
colors does it come in??
        I am looking for a tuff coating for my suspension parts.

                Thanks,
                        Daniel