Re: Rust treatments-was chrome stuff

To: dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu, sandhoff@compctr.ccs.csus.edu
Subject: Re: Rust treatments-was chrome stuff
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 15:42:13 EST
In a message dated 3/5/99 12:10:48 PM Pacific Standard Time,
dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu writes:

<<      IT sounds great buuuuuuuuuuuuut.  I dont want to have to paint over
 the stuff?? That sounds crazy to me. UV sensitve huh...Its a big enough
 PITA to put it on the crevice/cracks but then to have to go back and
 coat it with paint bleh! >>

You never hear from anyone who seems to have left the thing out exposed to UV,
but I fianlly did have someone email me about doing just that. He said he did
some parts and left them exposed, and it took like 2-3 years, but the only
thing that happened was the finish got dull and didn't look as glossy as
before. No discoloration or anything major. If you're doing an underbody part
such as the frame or suspension, you don't even have to worry at all.

Van