[Fwd: Advise Needed]

To: Datsun List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Advise Needed]
From: Mark Dent <stickerman@home.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 19:03:17 +0000
--------------293102A3D43C79447EC59D7F

--

Mark
Baltimore
http://members.home.com/stickerman
1968 1600
--------------293102A3D43C79447EC59D7F

From: "Stuart" <pungi@nbtx.com>
To: <stickerman@home.com>
Subject: Advise Needed
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 15:05:13 -0600

I need some advise about a Fairlady that I have.  You obviously have much
more knowledge about these cars than I do.  Any info would be helpful.

I have a 1965 Datsun Fairlady 1500 Model SP (L) 310 that my parents bought
new in '65.  I am considering selling it but I have no idea what it is
worth.  I would describe the car's condition as poor.

The paint is chipped and faded.
There is minor damage to the front left fender and body below the headlight.
This damage has knocked to hood out of alignment so that does not fit flush.
The wiring bundle near the fuse block is fried (for lack of a better word).
The foam in the seats is deteriorated.
The center control (heater controls, etc.) has been removed and is in a box.
The plastic windows in the rag top are deteriorated.
The windshield frame is pitted and rusting.
The clutch is at the end of its adjustment and still slips.

Other than that it is great shape!?

On the plus side:
The engine runs good (if you bypass the fried wiring).
I have four new original hubcaps and four "new in the box" taillights.

What do you think I should do with this car?  Is it worth anything?  I need
to do something because the car is outside and its just getting worse.
Thanks for any information you may have.

Stuart Hansmann
New Braunfels, TX
Office 830-625-3061

--------------293102A3D43C79447EC59D7F--