Re: Non Nissan water pump.

To: dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu
Subject: Re: Non Nissan water pump.
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 10:58:24 EST
In a message dated 2/10/99 5:47:01 PM Mountain Standard Time,
dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu writes:

<< Even if the quality is not quite as high as a true Nissan part...
 this pump has a lifetime  warrenty and the stock pump does not.  WHat does
 that say about the manufact. faith in the product??

                Daniel 69 2000
 >  >>
Daniel,

It doesn't really say as much as you might think about the product....

A warranty is as much a marketing tool as anything.  I usually buy "lifetime
warranty" brake pads, but don't expect them to last a lifetime, of course.  If
they did they wouldn't work!

The quality might be just fine, BUT if it fails once a year, that's a lot of
your free labor going into it.

Anyway, hope it works just fine for you. Let us know how it looks when you get
it.

Another thing we all, unfortunately, need to think about is: WHAT ARE WE GOING
TO DO IF NISSAN GOES UNDER???

I sure hope that doesn't happen!  Maybe they will get bought by BMW or
Volkswagen (Like Rover, Rolls-Royce)....

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600
Albuquerque