Re: Non Nissan water pump.

To: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Subject: Re: Non Nissan water pump.
From: james moore <jmoore1@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 21:01:16 -0500
I hate to be the cynical one, but the lifetime warranty on that pump is just a
marketing tool. I am not saying that the pump you are going to buy is a bad
pump,
but the reason they offer a lifetime warranty is in part because it is so
inexpensive for them to make these parts, and the percentage of parts that
people
actually return is low enough to make that sort of advertising profitable. If
you
read the terms of the warranty it will probably say that after a certain time
the
amount refunded is pro-rated.

Having said that, I would also but the cheaper pump with the lifetime warranty.
On the Roadsters a water pump is relatively easy to replace compared to my
wife's
Mazda 626, where the timing belt has to come off, etc, etc...

All I am saying, is heed the advice of the other list members and inspect it
carefully before you install it, and don't be dazzled by the lifetime warranty.

If this isn't cynical enough, let me know I will try harder next time
grins....

Jim 69 2000 RHD