Roadster season has arrived

To: "British cars list" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roadster season has arrived
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Sun, 21 May 00 10:05:12 -0700
Well We are having our first spring warm spell here on Monterey bay.
Yesterday got up to the scorching low 80s and roadsters were everywhere
to be seen cruising the back windy roads.

I was heartened to see so many people out there enjoying cruising the
windy mountain roads in their roadsters.  But it was a sad reminder that
except for tiny Morgan, the British Roadster market is long dead in the
United States.

Miatas were everywhere to be seen in large numbers. Z3s were very common
as well.  The American convertibles and other foreign cabrolets were also
out in force top down.

My Triumph TR3A was out stalking the back roads showing the young
roadsters that not all Triumphs were shipped out to Europe or Japan
during the 80s.  That not all Triumphs are pampered Britsh meet show cars
and actually go out into the road just for the shear joy of driving.

During my travels, I encountered a lone red MGA coming the other
direction.  We passed with a fanfare of big waves and big smiles.  I
think we were both relieved that we were not alone.  That there was at
least one other classic British Roadster on the road along with the
hordes of new Japanese and German roadsters.

I am heartened that Roadsters have staged such a strong comeback.  But
there rings a hollowness in my joy for there is no popular little British
Roadster filling the ranks.

TeriAnn Wakeman               If you send me direct mail, please
Santa Cruz, California        start the subject line with TW -
twakeman@cruzers.com           I will be sure to read the message

http://www.shadow-catcher.net      <- Photography for sale
http://www.overlander.net          <- Web directory for Land Rover
http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman   <- My personal web site

"How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
Amelia Earhart 1898-1937