Re: brit car week

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: brit car week
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 20:40:15 -0500
At 11:06 AM 5/20/2000 -0400, Fred Thomas wrote:
>Listers, for brit-car week, and for a great time (so I have been told),
I'm meeting-up with Dan Masters, and traveling to Champagne/Urbana,
Illinois, for the big 4 day car party,  now if my figures are correct, I'm
driving .... about 1800 miles round trip, anybody going to top that in a
LBC this week ??. ....

Well, maybe.  I'm already off to a good start.  I'll keep track and let you
know.  Meanwhile, Fred and Dan, and anyone else heading up this way for the
Champagne British Car Festival, please accept a big advance "Welcome to
Illinois", and I hope to see a bunch of you there.

And perhaps this next item may be of some interest to one or two
adventuresome LBC enthusiasts.  On the 26th the Champaign County Sports Car
Club is putting on a Friday Nighter TSD Rally, which could occupy a LBC
with a couple of occupants from about 7:30 to 10:30 p.m.  We have a Novice
class for the inexperienced (those who would admit it), and it's quite
straightforward so you wouldn't get lost in the dark.  No gimmicks or
tricks, no questions to answer, just follow the prescribed route at the
given (moderate) speeds, and stop at the checkpoints to see how you time in.

There is one interresting twist here.  The event Rallymaster for this one
is my ten year old son Elliot, and I'm his driver for the evening.  A few
of you may have met Elliot at the most recent Missouri Endurance Rally.
(That one brought us about 1700 miles in two days).  The MGA with an
attitude will be staked on the dark side roads for a few checkpoints,
clocking the cars through.  And considering who the rallymaster is, there
will be a mid-rally break at an ice crean stand, and the rally will end at
a pizza place for review of scores and awards.  There will be trophies for
the winners, and the fee is just $12 per car.  Any interrested folks can
e-mail me for more details.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg