Re: Cooling

To: mitwelt@bellsouth.net, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cooling
From: Maycinc@cs.com
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:24:53 EDT
Stephan,
I don't recall exactly the cfm rating but I know it was one of the higher
ones.  It does blow in the correct direction and it helped quite a bit after
I put it in (temp down from 230-240 to 210-220).

The fan spacer is 1-1/2" which puts the fan completely in the shroud.  I'm
thinking that it should be shorter as the instructions that came with it said
that the fan should only be 1/2 way into the shroud.  I looked a many other
cars at the car show (and my stock Nova) and their fans are all only 1/2 way
into the shroud.

I've double checked the timing, but haven't checked the carb.  I put on a new
Holley 500cfm and now I'm thinking that it might be running too lean.  I'm
not a carb man so I'm not exactly sure how to adjust it.

Marvin