Re: Cooling

To: Maycinc@cs.com
Subject: Re: Cooling
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 08:29:27 -0400
At 11:35 PM 8/24/02 EDT, Maycinc@cs.com wrote:
>I've decided that I have one of the permantly hot Bricks.  I've put on a
Flow
>Kooler water pump (Terry's recommendation), a 4 row radiator and an electric
>pusher fan and on a 90 degree day the temp still climbs to 220.  I do still
>have the   rear hood seal and insulation under the hood. I'm thinking of
>removing both.

Marvin,

So you done about everything you can to cool the car down.  Have you checked
the calibration of the temp guage and sending unit?

Pull the sending unit and guage out.  Get a 12V lantern battery, and some
aligator clip leads.  Lay it out on your kitchen counter and wire it up.
Then take a pan and put either water or (oil if you want to go above 212)
in the pan.  Place a candy (cooking) thermometer in the pan, and heat.
Watch the 2, see if they track.  Or you can try replacing the sending
unit.  (But I'd still check the new sending unit.)