RE: SFR attendance dropping faster than it would appear at

To: navid@xperformance.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: SFR attendance dropping faster than it would appear at
From: "Ryan, Neal G" <neal.g.ryan@lmco.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 13:34:35 -0700
Navid wrote...

IMHO, other clubs cater to more serious autoxers where as SFR caters
more to
more casual (for lack of a better term) autoxers.  These are the people
who
will not travel more than 20 miles to an autox and don't care what
surface
they run on.  This group would also tend to drop off in bad economic
times
...or say if there was a World Series game on.

 I will have to disagree with the belief that our region doesn't have
serious autocrossers. I feel that our region is regarded as having too
many serious autocroossers and there are a lot of non-serious
autocrossers who are intimidated by our region. The reason I feel this
way is because I've tried to get other people from other clubs to come
out and participate and they all told me it's too tough to be
competitive. The reason I joined the SCCA was to get better as a driver
by competing against the drivers in the area who I knew took the sport
seriously. How many National or Pro champions came from our local NASA
group? I'm not knocking the NASA group but in my opinion that was a more
laid back and not so serious, let's have some fun group. I believe that
the other problem is lack of time on the course, we typically only get 3
runs whereas at NASA you usually got 4 runs plus fun runs.

 These are just some of my thoughts.

 Neal