Re: [evolution-disc.] Update Question

To: Stlandstra@aol.com
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Update Question
From: Alan Dahl <alandahl@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:46:22 -0800
On Mar 26, 2004, at 2:03 PM, Stlandstra@aol.com wrote:
> My intial response was that this is an illegal modification in SS.
> However, the car owner was told by Doug Gill that as long as the car
> has been updated in every regard to match an available package, it is
> legal.  We know the shock valving was changed on the 2004, but it is
> legal to run aftermarket shocks anyway. The special addition had
> specific embroidery on the seat backs and a decal package, but other
> than that, there were no other changes to the car as far as I am
> aware.
>
>  So, on the surface of it, the GM carbon fiber hood would be legal on
> the 2002, 2003 and non-special addition Z06.
>
>  Is that right?

No, that is incorrect. In stock you are not allowed to morph a car
built in one year into another year car, even if you make all the
needed changes. As an example I can't take a 1991 Miata and add the
rear suspension cross-brace from the 1992 Miata and run it in stock,
even though that is the only significant difference between the two
years.

 From the Solo II rule book, section 13:

"Option package conversions may be performed between specific vehicles
of a particular make and model, but only between configurations from
within a particular model year".

Sounds pretty clear to me...

- Alan Dahl

Alan Dahl                                                 email:
alandahl@mac.com
Federal Way, WA, USA                         ICQ: 52688023
http://homepage.mac.com/alandahl