Re: Update Question

To: Stlandstra@aol.com
Subject: Re: Update Question
From: Scott Troyer - TestEng TMR DDR <stroyer@micron.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 16:11:08 -0700
Steve,

No, the GM carbon fiber hood would NOT be legal on the 2002, 2003 and
non-special addition Z06 in the SS class.

In stock class you can only update/backdate withing the same model year,
and then if something is unique to a
specific package then the complete package conversion must be performed
to meet stock legality.  The carbon
fiber hood is part of the Z16 option package offered in the 2004 model
year so this update would only be
available on the 2004 year cars.

This is very similar to the Grand Sport option put out on the 1996
Corvettes.  The Grand Sport had the LT4
engine (330hp) and 11" rear wheels.  The grand Sport conversion was only
available to the 1996 model cars.
I wasn't able to update/backdate my 1993 coupe to use the 11" wheels or
the LT4 engine.

Even within the same model year there is a gray area when determining
how far one must go to meet the
full conversion requirement as some people seem to think the full
cosmetic package should be required
and some people don't.

I hope this helps,

Scott Troyer