Update Question

To: evolution-discussions@egroups.com, autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: Update Question
From: Stlandstra@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:03:56 -0500
Someone asked me a question today and I am not totally sure of the answer.  And
no, this is not for my car.

The question is related to a 2003 Z06 modification.  The person purchased a GM
carbon fiber hood and had it painted to match his 2003 yellow Z06.  This hood
is available as part of the 2004 limited addition Le Mans look-a-like Z06.

My intial response was that this is an illegal modification in SS.  However,
the car owner was told by Doug Gill that as long as the car has been updated in
every regard to match an available package, it is legal.  We know the shock
valving was changed on the 2004, but it is legal to run aftermarket shocks
anyway. The special addition had specific embroidery on the seat backs and a
decal package, but other than that, there were no other changes to the car as
far as I am aware.

So, on the surface of it, the GM carbon fiber hood would be legal on the 2002,
2003 and non-special addition Z06.

Is that right?

And anybody who wants to look at my regular 2002 fiberglass hood at an event
can feel free to do so.

--
Steve Landstra
Henry Company