Re: Power Lug Nut Removal/Installation

To: "Chuck" <cfgold@intrex.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Power Lug Nut Removal/Installation
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 11:46:41 -0600
Just to clarify...I did not make the statements you have quoted in your
note.  I had replied to it and you have my sig line directly under someone
elses words.  No biggy...just wanted it known.

I do agree with you though, since my almost 40 year old knees are not the
same as my younger knees.  That's why I bought a car that only has one lug nut!

> I think a couple main factors you're missing is age and weather! After 50,
> you start to want to expend a little less energy doing anything, and spend a
> LOT less time in a crouch or on your knees.
> Weather may not be a problem in WI, but changing tires here in the South
> where the temp and humidity are both well above 90 most of the season is
> exhausting, especially after standing in the sun all day, and you have to
> change your soaking wet clothes after you're done or risk the interior
> permanently smelling like a gym locker. I used a 4 way wrench for two
> seasons, but once we started to seriously compete, I'll now use my impact
> gun thank you!
>
> > > You know, it seems like a few people use cordless drives to install
> their
> > > lug nuts. Can i ask what the real advantage is over a good, old
> fashioned,
> > > cheap speed wrench? I just pull out my 4 pt. lug wrench and spin on the
> lug
> > > nuts just as fast as you guys do. I bet I pull them off in about the
> same
> > > time too. Am I missing something?
> >

> > Patrick Washburn
> > C-Tech Trailer Cabinets