Re: Acceptable finish designs.

To: "matthew c. mead" <mmead-autox@goof.com>
Subject: Re: Acceptable finish designs.
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 19:49:37 -0600
> Ok, I'll bite?  What's a Texas Star?

Imagine 5 cones at the point of a star (actually makes a pentagon shape:.
Then for a "left hand star":

Go through with two cones on the left, circle the second cone and go through
again with two cones on the left, do it again a third time, do it again a
fourth time, do it again a final time.

You will have passed each sequence of two cones on one side of your car,
five sequences total, your path drawing something of a 4-leaf clover
pattern. You end up in a direction that is basically a simple left turn
around the first cone you encountered. Or you can extend it to circle all
five cones and end up going the direction you went the first time through.

Considered a mickey mouse PITA. Not advised unless you are doing some
gimmick gymkhana that also requires potato spearing and balloon popping.

> I attended a solo ii event in '00 that was basically a
> spirograph.  Turn cones and triangle of cones in the center -
> make a gate out of your choice of cones each time through.
>
> Ick.

Sounds like a bowtie gone amok. I like bowties, but that spirograph sounds
evil.

--Rocky