Re: Tires for Next year

To: "!Team dot net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tires for Next year
From: "Will Kalman" <will@kalman.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 11:41:07 -0700
They're not R compound.  They are quite good "street" tires.  I suggest
people (not necessarily you, Patrick) not talk about the guy who knew a guy
who talked to someone who tried them once and said they were like R
compound.

Our local 2000 STS class champion, a long-time, well-respected, and
consistent driver, has gained no time on me switching from MXX3's to the
Azenis (I'm running AVS Intermediates).  He was one of the first people to
get the Azenis and is about to finish off that set so there are many events
and a whole tire lifetime to use as a comparison.

But he can buy 3 sets of Azenii for the same price as one set of MXX3's.
That no doubt adds fuel to the frenzy for them.

Will Kalman
'91 Escort GT
CSCC #232 STS

> Hey Larry, I'm wondering what you will do when you find out that your
> street tire with a "200" wear rating turns out to be an R tire in
> disquise?  I'm not saying that the Azensi is necessarily this tire, (but
> I'm not saying it isn't either) but the way thing look you will have to
> deal with this eventuality.  Does the Azensi fit the definition of "Stock"
> eligible tire?  What car models come with them off the showroom floor?
(Not