Re: best roadster?

To: "Dr. Stuart Strickland" <stuart@strickland.net>,
Subject: Re: best roadster?
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 07:24:14 -0500
From: Dr. Stuart Strickland <stuart@strickland.net>

>The second is, if you want to see the traffic light, don't pull
>up close to the intersection unless you've got the top down.

Or get a fifties-style dash prism.

Four those whe are both too young and not up with street rods:  Cars with
windshield visors often had a little prism gismo installed atop the
dashboard.  This allowed the driver to see traffic lights which were
suspended from wires high above the intersection.

The third is to
>consider mounting the driver's seat directly to the floor of the car --
this is
>good for at least an inch.  I was still never able to get low enough to
meet
>the SCCA (and common sense) requirement of having the top of my helmet a
full
>2" below any rollbar that would fit under the softtop.

Actually, that is not a requirement.  The 2" is waived in Stock and Street
prepared if the bar is as tall as it can be for the top.

Daughter Amanda has presented us with a second grandchild.  Sirena Mae
Stremski
arrived on the first day of Spring 2001, weighing 7 pounds 3 ounces.