Re: best roadster?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: best roadster?
From: Jason Saini <jason_saini@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 07:14:05 -0700 (PDT)
>I think the S2000's have an advantage in
>AS, so if someone wanted a highest chance of
>trophying in a class, that might be a good place to
>start.

This is not necessarily a true statement... The S2000
is not an easy car to drive fast.  Fast, it is.  But
don't be fooled into thinking that one can simply buy
it and win a trophy.  There were some excellent
drivers running these (with years of experience) at
Ft. Worth, and if you notice 2nd place was a Boxster
driven by another experienced autocrosser.

There are still many people locally that cannot get
fast in their S2K's (not you, Rich).  There is even
someone in our area that went back to their ES car
because they couldn't make the S2K go fast.  I've been
autocrossing for 10 years now - and driven a wide
variety of cars... and the S2000 is one of the hardest
to drive fast. (Other than a 600hp EM Mustang) :)  But
it is very rewarding to drive fast.  I just want it to
be known that I've been racing for a long time, and am
doing well now because I am finally in a good car...
not because we bought 'the car of the moment.'  I
didn't want people to think that because of my lack of
'reputation' that anyone can pick up one of these cars
and win.  You gotta start getting a reputation
somewhere! :)

-Jason Saini . Chicago, IL
-'01 Spa S2K . A-Stock #193
http://auctions.yahoo.com/