Re: best roadster?

To: <Mr53CSP@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: best roadster?
From: "Brian Berryhill" <brianberryhill@flashmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 01:35:56 -0500
> I still think the MR2 Turbo should have been considered a Roadster... even
if
> it doesn't come in a convertible...it's a fun fun fun fun car... and
that's
> what roadsters are, regardless of the make...

I'm kinda disappointed that the current MRS wasn't a turbo, or at least
would have been given an option of having the 180hp Celica GTS engine.  It
appears the current MRS seems to be a good match for the Miata in BS.

> my eyes are bleeding, 1320 times!!!! nooooooo!!
>
> << But, I was really surprised when my friend pulled a 14.9 ET out of his
> stock
>  2.3 Z3. >>

Yeah, I was really astonished to see a sub 15 second time from a car that
has 170hp.  I think the RWD 5k rpm clutch slip launches helped though.  That
car's (seemingly) heavy flywheel made it tough to get a good clutch slip
launch without some practice.  My Probe GT in DSP trim couldn't hang with
the Z3 in 1st unless I really nailed the FWD launch.  I could start keeping
up in 3rd though.  Our trap speeds were usually the same though, his times
just 0.3-0.5s faster.  It boggles me too...

Brian

--
Brian Berryhill
http://www.angelfire.com/ms/brianberryhill