Re: Definition of a Sports Car

To: "Reijo Silvennoinen" <rase@telusplanet.net>
Subject: Re: Definition of a Sports Car
From: "Brian Berryhill" <brianberryhill@flashmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 09:52:40 -0500
Even though I think the Miata is probably one of the more true-in-name of
the term "sports car", my definition of a sports car usually includes the
factor that the car is not a convertible.

This is mainly from a structural standpoint... and becomes less of an issue
as cars get stiffer.

I don't do road racing, but aren't there some types that require a true
hardtop non-convertible to be legal? (hence the funky looking M coupe?)

And I agree with the 2 door, 2 seats, and less than 3000lbs... but I think a
RWD with an LSD would be good.

Brian