Re: Speed Creep - Powers to Be Opinion

To: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>, <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>,
Subject: Re: Speed Creep - Powers to Be Opinion
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 12:29:34 -0500
One thought.  While this is a good discussion about max speed, my
interpretation of what Rob was talking about was a more "general" speed
creep.  Meaning that a singular moment of unopredictable terminal velocity
is not really the focus here, but the more general, average speed kind of
thing.  Overall elevation of speed in other words.  Additionally, I did not
get the impression that it is only a safety issue...I think there are
issues about adhering to the spirit of autocrossing at work here.  Again,
just my interpretation of I'm hearing.

> Eric wrote:
>
> >One thing to remember, and my only comment on this thread, a fast course
can
> >be considered (there is no 100% though) "safe" and still be illegal
> >according to the rules and the intent of the rules.
>
> That's entirely correct. However, the upper speed limits as stated in the
rules present several problems:

snip, snip

Patrick Washburn
C-Tech Trailer Cabinets