Re: Speed Creep - Powers to Be Opinion

To: brnrubr@alltel.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speed Creep - Powers to Be Opinion
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 12:04:58 EDT
Rob Pickrell writes:

> Speeds at Nationals Last year

The only thing that I thought was inappropriate last year was the South
course's "Larry Park Way" was headed right at the grid.  I don't think anyone
exceeded our maximums on that straight, due to the slow corner that preceded
it, but one stuck throttle could've proved disastrous.

If anyone remembers the Salina South course from the '88 Nationals, the
faster D/Stockers were hitting third in a left hand sweeper over a slight
crest.  I hope the SSC feels that last year's South course was at the upper
end of acceptable speeds.

Charlie Davis