Addendum to Speed Creep Post

To: Net <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Addendum to Speed Creep Post
From: "Robert M. Pickrell Jr." <brnrubr@alltel.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:16:27 -0500
I forgot to include in my original post a statement from
Howard Duncan. He read the aforementioned post yesterday and
asked me to include the statement from him that "He blew it"
when he checked the course for speed.

I did not say that I was speaking for the membership at
large. I did point out the inaccuracies of many statements
posted to this list. I did not attack anyone directly.

The SSC has talked with Howard who had discussed this with
the National Staff, and we talked with a SSC member who
attended the event, and we talked with some competitors, and
we considered the post we had seen in support of the speeds.
We did not share our conference call with this list. So the
statement that we have not conducted a proper investigation
just supports my first paragraph in my original post.

I  will not respond to attacks at me on this list. In fact I
will be dropping back to list mode, so if you want me to be
sure and see a post then I suggest you send it to me
directly.

Please do write your opinions to the SSC, SEB, Howard, or
the Board of Directors. We love input. Be aware that the
membership may not always get their way even if it is a
majority. I do not believe Risk Management, the SSC, or  the
National Staff will support higher speeds in Solo II. That
is why there is Solo I, Solo Trials, PCDE's, and road
racing  available to our members.

Rob