Re: prosolo

To: <Hottvr@aol.com>, "autox list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: prosolo
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 23:38:31 -0600
>Sounds like you are talking about my car???? CM cars were never made to set
>and idle for 15 minutes on a 100 degree day. They were designed to cool
>properly
>when moving and not much more. Thats why many of us use water and electric
>fans
>to try to keep water temps down. These cars were never intended to be run
>under Solo conditions when first designed. We have to make do as best we
can.

>Mike B. 99cm
==================================
Actually, no, I wasn't talking about your car specifically.  The original
poster wrote that ProSolos weren't friendly towards FF Mod cars that
overheat easily.

I asked why they overheat and he said that they would have to run the
cooling fan directly off of the battery since there's no alternator to power
one and they didn't want to do that for fear of losing precious battery
spark power.  I then asked if it was legal for him to run an alternator on a
FF in CM.  No response on that one yet.

If it were my fat butt in there (which believe me would be a sight to
behold), I would take the slight weight penalty (if it were legal) and run
an alternator to power such things as cooling fans and the ignition system
and recharge the battery(s).  Besides, running an ignition system off of a
regulated power supply like an alternator has GOT to be better for
consistant performance than running it directly from the battery which keeps
getting weaker and weaker.........and

Eric (only the driver overheats easily in my car) Linnhoff in KC
#69 STS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T  (4 door)
<eric10mm@qni.com>
ICQ# 101282513