Re: prosolo

To: eric10mm@qni.com, Hottvr@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: prosolo
From: Mdmotorsprt@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 17:37:08 EST
In a message dated 12/29/00 12:43:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
eric10mm@qni.com writes:

> Besides, running an ignition system off of a
>  regulated power supply like an alternator has GOT to be better.

It is. And especially with the high output ignitions. I think it was Carroll
Smith, or Smokey Yunick, or maybe both that said the alternator is the better
way to go in spite of the weight penalty, because the beauty of the
alternator was that its use allows you to finish a race a race (okay, solo)
instead of a scoring a DNF.

It's the old adage: In order to finish first, first you have to finish. Blah
blah blah. Why do so many of us forget that?

Mike D