Re: How cold is it where you are?

To: lrmetz@home.com
Subject: Re: How cold is it where you are?
From: "Larry Steckel" <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 11:01:09 -0500
I remember a Sales Manager who lived in south Florida flying in to ride with
me and visit customers late one November. We went into an automotive parts
store and  he was facinated by a tire that was up on display with chains
wrapped around the tread area. "What do these things do", he asked.
"Uh...That is a set of skid chains" I answered.  "OK" came the reply, "but
what do they do'?  He had never seen a set of chains before, and simply
couldn't conceive why one would need them on a car. He also couldn't
understand why everyone was selling those big wide shovels.  At that point,
just for once, I wished for about a foot of snow on the ground, a 40 MPH
wind and about a -25F wind chill so he could appreciate the reality of
living in the northern half of this country.

Larry Steckel

P.S. We have a couple of inches of snow and are looking forward to a high
temp today of +21F.  Oh boy.