Re: rev limiter?

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rev limiter?
From: JonesMB <JonesMB@arthem.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 20:23:32 -0600
> >Because a tach doesn't really  tell you any useful information for day to
> >day driving.
>
>Speak for yourself, CHuck!  I see redline at least once during my daily
>commute -- and that's just to get into traffic!  :)
>
>Jamie
>'92 Prelude Si
>Speed Demon Racing
>http://www.mindspring.com/~jsculerati/sdr

I was thinking the same thing.

Without a tach I would probably have blown the engine by now.  I also see
redline at least once a day.  A rev to redline in first & second is
necessary for safely merging into fast moving traffic when taking off from
a toll booth, especially in a car with no torque.  Could that make the tach
a safety item :-)

jmb