Re: rev limiter?

To: "Mark Sirota" <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>,
Subject: Re: rev limiter?
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 10:28:27 -0600
Mark Sirota wrote:

> One certainly might make the argument.  Whether it's successful
> remains to be determined.  But given the allowance for a
> tachometer, it might have to be legal -- a shift light is
simply
> a form of tachometer, provided the trigger is a simple RPM
counter.

That was my reading of the rules: since gauges and indicators are
allowed, I couldn't find a philosophical basis for claiming that
a shift indicator - whether it's a light or an audible warning -
is not allowed. Once a general allowance is made, it seems to me
that you can't selectively go back on that. This looks like a
candidate for some rewording of the rules, if it is generally
believed that shift indicators should not be allowed in Stock.

Jay