Re: In Defense of Howard

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Subject: Re: In Defense of Howard
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2000 12:46:56 -0500
"Kelly, Katie" wrote:

<snip>

> I say make fun of him as necessary to maintain a balance, but don't post
> private posts of his in an attempt to attack his credability. We can do so
> many more creative things at the nationals talent shows.

Katie,

I agree with what you said except for the posting of 'private posts'.
Howard is one of our paid Denver people. His email was posted to a
public board by the recipient. I think that makes it fair game,
particularly when it contains Howard's concept of the class as a
rebuttal that included a really lame comparison of SM times to AS times
as a rationale for keeping a car out of the class that has far more
similarities to the Supra Turbo and the DSM than differences.

However, as is often the case, I did rush together a post that was
probably closer to a flame than a rebuttal. I gotta work on that. It
really doesn't do much good to piss people off and then try to have a
rational thread about the subject. I am once again sorry.

But as the posts have shown, Howard Duncan has a heck of a lot to do
with creating this class the way he wanted it. I still think that is not
his position. His opinion, if he decides to express one, should carry as
much weight as any member of the club, if, of course, he is a paid
member.

Paul Foster