Re: banquet tickets (was Re: South Course...)

To: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Subject: Re: banquet tickets (was Re: South Course...)
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 20:06:48 -0700

John Lieberman wrote:

> Arthur Emerson wrote:
> >
> > Shame, shame, Mr. Chase!  They were BEGGING on the PA for anyone
> > with extra banquet tickets to surrender them at the information
> > area.

And if I had prior knowledge BEFORE I drove to the event, I would have
given them mine. As it was, it was back at the hotel. And I left impound
to pack my car and drive straight back to San Diego to attend to my sick
wife. I guess I will get over the shame. :-) I did try to ask around if
anyone wanted to go back to the hotel and take the ticket.

> They had theoretically oversold Wednesday night, since you had both
> the Tuesday/Wednesday drivers and the Thursday/Friday drivers (who
> arrived early) wanting to attend.  But, in reality, we had two open
> spots at our Wednesday night table and three at the next table over.
> And nobody even made an attempt to claim them!!!  8<{)

I heard from some others that there were a number of empty seats.

Randy Chase (runner up for enough crappy stuff happening to one person
at nats award...corded street tires and can't find 50 series 15" tires
in Topeka, broken suspension at the Pro, broken exhaust on Tuesday,
cones on every run, 3 hours of sleep Tuesday night to finish a work
project in my hotel room, not enough time to walk Wednesday's course in
the morning, having to make a bonzai run to San Diego at the end of the
event, getting a VASCAR (!!) ticket near Tuscon after successfully
dealing with MANY radar traps....and trying to handle my wife's surgery
scheduling from a distance. Argh... I just hope I can do it again next
year) :-)