Re: Nationals Entry Cap

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Nationals Entry Cap
From: "Dave Whitworth" <dave@wcsllc.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 17:01:24 -0500
My own words:

RJ>MS>> I can't believe anyone is bringing up the "qualification" issue for
RJ>MS>> Nationals again.  I will state this again like many did during the
NT
RJ>MS>> debate:  GET YOUR ENTRIES IN EARLY!!!!!  If you don't, and don't
make
RJ>MS>> the cut, it is your own problem.  The thought of limiting entries to
RJ>MS>> those who finished well at a qualifier event so there is room for
"the
RJ>MS>> Top Drivers" has to be the most absurd concept I've heard in a long
RJ>MS>> time.  If anyone who wants to go doesn't delay until the last
possible
RJ>MS>> moment, it wouldn't be a problem

A clip of Roger's Words:

> And while I am against entry caps, and qualification, etc.
> Whitworth's concept of EnterEarly is pretty 'absurd' in
> itself.  It is not a fix at all.

Putting words in someone's mouth is "absurd" or at least a little rude :)

Did I say that this would fix the problem?  Did I outline my EnterEarly plan
as the fixall to entry problems and large attendance?   NO

My point is that because there is a limit, if you want to go, you had better
enter now!  If you wait, and don't get in, don't come crying that I, a last
place driver took your spot because you have a chance to win a trophy (or
championship)

Personally, I don't think the "system" needs fixing at all.  It is
unfortunate that they had to impose a limit so late in the game.  Besides
that, the system works fine.  Organizers set a limit, and if you want to go
to their event, you register in time to make the cap!  If you piddle around
until the last day and don't make it, why should I give my spot for you.

Dave (I wonder what would happen if I sent my 2001 Entry Today?)