RE: Nationals Entry Cap

To: <autox@autox.team.net>, Dave Whitworth <dave@wcsllc.net>
Subject: RE: Nationals Entry Cap
From: miket <miket@interaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 00 09:12:23 -0500
>===== Original Message From Dave Whitworth <dave@wcsllc.net> =====
>
>I can't believe anyone is bringing up the "qualification" issue for
>Nationals again.  I will state this again like many did during the NT
>debate:  GET YOUR ENTRIES IN EARLY!!!!!  If you don't, and don't make the
>cut, it is your own problem.  The thought of limiting entries to those who
>finished well at a qualifier event so there is room for "the Top Drivers"
>has to be the most absurd concept I've heard in a long time.

I agree!!  As someone who doesn't have alot of time that I can dedicate to
autocross (young kids, busy job, etc...) , but really enjoy Nationals, I made
a concious decision to not attend a Natioanl or Regional event this year, so
that I can justify taking the time for Nationals.  I planned to spend the
extra $$ becuase I didn't attend a "qualifying" event this year.  Just becuase
someone didn't attend a National or Regional event doesnlt neccessarily mean
that they are not serious (chich I am) of not a contender (I wish I was!), it
may just mean that they have read and understand the rules for running at
Nationals...

Mike Taylor