Re: Z06 Corvette and Nationals?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Z06 Corvette and Nationals?
From: Matthew Carson <mcars@vt.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 23:55:42 -0400
I have spent quite a bit of time at St. Therese with my job, most at the
end of the line watching cars come off line.  As far as the plant is
concerned there is no difference between the SS and the WS6.  (As a matter
of fact the temporary hoods they put on WS6's say "SS")  Neither gets a
hood or airbox at the plant.  Wheels and exhaust are put on at the plant.
Both go to the same place to get upfitted and then return to St. Therese to
get shipped.  I do not know if SS's with "options" get sent somewhere else.

-Matt

>Thanks for the responses.  So the technical answer at this time is NO!
That is what I was looking for.  I will let everyone else battle where the
car belongs.  I think we all agree it belongs in SS... if you look at the
cars in the class... it belongs.  If it is faster, the class should
progress... just like GS, and AS have.  Z06 is GM only, WS6, and SS leave
"Reasonable Doubt" in the SEB's mind that they are "tuner specific" While
the real answer is the SS is still SLP... but the '98 '99 and '00 WS6's are
GM... they goto ASC for a hood & An airbox!  There are no other "Tuner"
options like the SS and Firehawk... but the SEB or SCAC is afraid to
separate the cars! Some decision!