Re: Z06 Corvette and Nationals?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Z06 Corvette and Nationals?
From: SVPViper@aol.com
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 23:32:23 EDT
Thanks for the responses.  So the technical answer at this time is NO! That is
what I was looking for.  I will let everyone else battle where the car belongs.
 I think we all agree it belongs in SS... if you look at the cars in the
class... it belongs.  If it is faster, the class should progress... just like
GS, and AS have.  Z06 is GM only, WS6, and SS leave "Reasonable Doubt" in the
SEB's mind that they are "tuner specific" While the real answer is the SS is
still SLP... but the '98 '99 and '00 WS6's are GM... they goto ASC for a hood &
An airbox!  There are no other "Tuner" options like the SS and Firehawk... but
the SEB or SCAC is afraid to separate the cars! Some decision!
   Dave Schotz

In a message dated Wed, 9 Aug 2000  8:43:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Karl Witt
<witt@mediaone.net> writes:

<< At 07:21 PM 8/9/2000 -0500, Chuck McMillion did say:
>so is the WS6 and SS they come off the line that way.
>The three digit codes like:
>WS6
>9C1
>Zo6
>these are all line option codes on the SPID label.
>it is an option... From the factory... go to Bowling Green you can see them
>come off the line.
>Likewise if you drive to Canada the SS and WS6 come off the line that way
>too...
>
>Are you mixing up the SLP Firehawk prepared by SLP?
>
>If the Zo6 is the RX-7's match,  the RX-evolv will hit the streets in 2002.
>In time for the following season : )

Nope...no confusion. Until 99 the SSs came off the line as plain jane Z28s
and went to SLP to become SSs. as of 99, yes the SS comes off the Ste.
Therese line in base form, but still goes to SLP for modifications. The WS6
has never rolled out of the GM plant. Up til 99 it went to SLP to become a
WS6 and 99 and after went to ASC to become the WS6. The Firehawk of course
has always come out of SLP's shop. Aside from all these details you missed
a key phrase in my last post. I said "are considered "tuner" cars by the
SEB. personally, i'm one of the folks that think they should be allowed in
FS just like the non "R" cobras are, but let's not start that holy war again ;)

i've been told off list that the Z06 may not be all some of us think it is
from it's specs. and this was from a person who i personally respect as
someone who "would know" so i'll hold off on anymore Z06 comments :)

karl