RE: Uh oh, M3s in ESP... again! (was: Re: more peru musings)

To: jwinchell@Giftspot.com, "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Uh oh, M3s in ESP... again! (was: Re: more peru musings)
From: bob1 <bob1@sns-access.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 15:08:16 -0700
Jeff Winchell wrote:
> I've posted what Dave Shotz's car is like. (see http://PonyCar.Net/ESP).
> Others have made reference to Marcus Meredith's car. Perhaps someone will
> chime in with all the gory details on Eguina's and Madaresh's car.
Jeff,
Is this Shotz car what you call "fully prepared"?  This
car isn't even close to what I'd expect or see in ASP.
It has Factory shocks, factory front sway-bar, stock rear-sway-bar, and stock
rear bushings (in SP ?)...
In the engine compartment, It has Stock exhaust manifold & Thottle
body. Intake & exhaust is what you can change in SP!  He put in plugs, wires and
a cat-back ?! That's all legal in FS. He even uses a Y pipe, I bet he can pass
emissions with this car... What about headers & individual throttle injection ?
(MOTEC or similar) Did he even use an aftermarket chip ?

Robert Larson, ASP 911